YOU ARE EXTREMELY CAPABLE OF CONNECTING WITH THESE BEAUTIFUL, CELESTIAL BEINGS KNOWN AS "ANGELS".
If you know how to ride a bike, play guitar, go for a swim, read, do math...you get the point...then you can do this too!
And that's because it takes the same kind of mindset to excel in a sport, job, hobbie, or any other activity as it does to connect with the angels. And that is, a mindset centered on:
Now when it comes to faith and trust, I should clarify that it's not just about having faith and trust in the fact that angels actually exist - it's also about having faith and trust within yourself, in knowing that YOU are fully capable of connecting with them, no matter what you've been through, or have been led to believe.
Yes, some people may seem to have more of a natural ability to see angels (just like with math, art, music etc.) - but don't let it discourage you, okay?
To start off, I want to briefly share the story of my first introduction to the angels. The purpose of this is to really drive home the fact that you don't need to have any 'special' talents to connect with the angels, and that, in fact, the skills needed are inherent in each and every one of us...
It was only a few years ago (in my late thirties), when I was introduced to the angels through a spontaneous reading from a clairvoyant friend of mine.
During our 'reading', one of the things she told me was that Archangel Michael was with me, hanging out over my right shoulder.
Intriguing, I thought, whoever this Michael guy was. But did I really believe it?
I wanted to believe, but it all seemed so surreal. I mean, how was it that she had this ability and I didn't? I wondered; if other people can see auras, and angels, and unicorns etc, then why can't I?
It didn't make sense to me that some people could have this 'gift' while others couldn't. In fact it felt downright unfair, considering that these celestial beings supposedly come from God - who is supposed to love everyone, right? So why would only a select few be adorned with this magical ability?
I carried on with life, doing things like moving in with the man of my dreams, completing my life coaching certification and starting an online business.
About two years later I found a deck of Angel cards at a place my boyfriend and I were renting, and I was immediately drawn to them. I found myself pulling cards every day. I didn't know exactly 'how' to do it or even if I was doing it 'right', but it was fun and it always brightened my day.
Now during this time I was also really frustrated with my online biz. I was feeling drained instead of energized, and I had the strange sense that something was missing. I had no idea what 'it' was, but I knew in my heart that I wasn't totally on the right track.
And then, one day while at my computer I came across an ad in my facebook feed. It was an Angel Tarot Course given by Doreen Virtue, who, wouldn't you know, was the same person who made the deck of cards I was playing around with.
Without hesitation I knew I had to take it, because just the idea of taking the course gave me shivers and I felt uplifted instantly...even though I didn't even know what the course entailed.
So I did.
I loved the information I learned in the course. It felt so natural for me to pull cards and give readings (which was part of our homework), and even though it was all very unfamiliar to me at an intellectual level, at a deeper level it felt like I had found that 'thing' that had been missing from my life (and coaching practice).
And that's how it all began.
Now, as I Iook back, I believe that what opened my mind and my heart to the possibility of an angelic existence (after feeling somewhat skeptical at first), was simply the lovely sensation of feeling good whenever I pulled a card.
I have now incorporated angel tarot readings into my coaching sessions, and my clients consistently walk away feeling lighter, more hopeful, and relieved to know they are doing a-okay.
It's very soothing to know that the Angels are always by my side, there to help me give clear and loving messages to anyone who is open to receiving them, including myself.
I will continue on this journey with the Angels, and will maintain an unwavering commitment in my desire to connect with them more closely. I have a lot to learn...but that's okay. My mindset is strong. It's full of faith, trust, commitment, and a willingness to nourish the process with time and practice, because I want to excel at this.
And as I learn, so will I teach. And as I teach, so will I learn - meaning I know I'm contributing greatly to the world by giving service in this way.
I welcome you on this journey with me, and I hope that this introduction to the angels serves you immensely. My intention is to give you the information that will gently open your mind and your heart to the fact that there's more to life than meets the eye - which is a pre-requisite to connecting with the Angels.
1. WHAT ARE ANGELS?
Angels are messengers of God (and God is the energy of pure love).
God or The Creator, has many ways of communicating with us, and this is just one of those many magical ways!
People often believe they cannot directly communicate with God (which is completely untrue, by the way), and so the angels are a way to bridge that gap.
2. HOW WERE THEY CREATED?
They are a manifestation of God's loving thoughts.
It has been said that every time God has a loving thought, a new angel is created...so it's safe to say there are an unlimited number of angels!
3. WHAT IS THEIR PURPOSE?
Their purpose is to bring us back to God. That is, to move us out of fear and into love, in every aspect of our lives.
When we get caught up in our head, and in our ego, we are operating from a place of fear. In other words, we're more apt to do things like:
- Throw our misery on others instead of accept responsibility for our actions.
- Stay in a stale or even abusive relationship because we feel guilty for knowing we'll be happier without this person, or for how it will affect him/her.
- Continually say 'yes' to things we really want to say 'no' to.
So when the angels come to our aid, they help us move into perspectives that are more positive, rational, and very logical.
With their positive influence, we are more likely to make heart-centered decisions that include; forgiveness, compassion, and the ability to come from a place of service.
6. WHAT RELIGION ARE THEY?
Contrary to popular belief, angels are not religious. They work with anyone who calls upon them, regardless of a person's religious beliefs or background. In other words, they are non-denominational.
They care for each and every one of us equally, because, as mentioned, they are a manifestation of God's pure loving energy. Therefore they do not discriminate (and wouldn't even know how).
That's how pure they are.
4. HOW CAN THEY HELP?
No request is too big or small for the angels. You can call on them for anything you need:
- Misplaced house keys
- Mechanical/car problems
- Relationship troubles
- Correcting a mistake
- Health issues
- Finding your life purpose
- New perspectives
- And the list goes on...
Whether it's to give you just enough cell service to make that emergency call (in a place where there's usually no service), or to give you the perfect words to speak during an uncomfortable conversation in order to resolve the conflict easily...the angels are unlimited in their ability to be of service.
As long as your intentions are good, they are able to magically give you what you need.
The only time they cannot intervene is if it's yours or a loved one's time to go. We all have a pre-determined length of time to be here on earth, which is an agreement we make with God before we reincarnate. So if you or a loved one is in a sticky, life-threatening situation before it's time to cross over - the angels will most certainly give a hand.
5. WHAT ARE THEIR OFFICE HOURS?
Angels are available 24/7. They do not have bodies, therefore they do not get tired. They are etherial beings living in the non-physical realm, which means they are not restricted by time and space.
To clarify, the physical realm is what we refer to as earth. It maintains the concept of minutes, hours, days, months, years - and past, present, future - life and death.
But as mentioned, the angels are not bodies. And while they may work with us while we're here, on earth, please understand that there's no cap to the number of people and/or places of which they can be of service, because, again, they are not restricted by the human laws regarding time and space.
In other words, there's never any reason to believe that by calling on them you're taking away from someone else who may have a 'greater' need.
Remember: they've got us ALL covered!
WHAT DO ANGELS LOOK LIKE?
As mentioned, angels do not have physical bodies. However, they can reveal themselves to us in many forms. Most likely they will reveal themselves to you in the way in which you imagine them.
Say, for instance, you have seen pictures of angels on stained glass windows or in paintings at your church. Well then, these images ingrained in your mind are most likely how they will present themselves to you, because this will be the easiest way for you to recognize them.
ARE THERE MALE AND FEMALE ANGELS?
Angels can have masculine and/or feminine qualities, so we (humans) have labeled some of the most common angels as male or female - as this is the easiest way for us to relate and get to know them.
For instance, I work closely with Archangel Michael, who is described as the male protector. He carries a sword and helps us with courage and strength, and acts as a kind of 'bouncer' - to repel lower energies that do not serve us - a very male, testosterone kind of energy if you ask me!
I have seen many pictures of him, so during my first 'real' encounter with him in my dreams, he presented himself to me in exactly the way I had envisioned him. He did this on purpose so that it would be impossible for me to second guess myself.
WHAT KINDS OF ANGELS ARE THERE?
- Archangels are the managers who oversee other angels. They often specialize in certain functions, like; health, courage, psychic abilities, clearing away fear, working with children/conception, environmentalism, helping writers/educators, and on it goes...
- Guardian Angels are angels who were assigned to you specifically from God, and who are with you permanently. They will never leave your side, no exceptions. You likely have at least two, and it's quite possible you have more. They are here to guide and protect you, ensure your safety, and help you to fulfill your life mission.
- Ascended Masters are great, spiritual teachers who walked this earth, and who now continue to help from the spiritual (non-physical) realm, which could also be referred to as 'heaven' (if that floats your boat). Examples; Mother Mary, Jesus, Buddha, Yogananda, Lakshmi.
- Other Angels - There are other kinds of angels who actually live with us on the physical realm. They are called 'elementals' or 'earth angels'. You may have heard of them before: fairies (as pictured below), mermaids, leprechauns, unicorns, menehunes...and other so-called mythical creatures!
PLEASE NOTE: Even if you don't have a visual for how you would recognize an angel, it's no problem - you can just google it and enjoy the photos that appeal to you! No matter what, they will always know the best way to communicate with you, even if it's just a feeling, a sign, or a symbol that will be sure to resonate with you, which we will cover in the next section.
HOW CAN I CONNECT WITH THE ANGELS?
THE LAW OF FREE WILL
First, it's important to know that the angels cannot help us unless we ask them to! There's this thing called; The Law Of Free Will, which means they cannot intervene in our lives without our express permission.
Calling upon them is just a matter of talking to them either out lout or in your mind. You can do this with a prayer (if you have a prayer that you love to use), or just by literally saying something like; "angels, I need your help now please!"
You can specify exactly what you need help with or you can be more vague - either way they'll still know what to do because it's more about your intention than the actual wording, so there's no need to complicate things. I generally call to them in my mind, simply by saying "angels!" - and I know they are immediately by my side.
Below are different 'ways' to connect with the angels. Generally, one of these forms will be more natural and dominant than the others (like being left or right handed), though you can easily learn to strengthen your ability to communicate in the other ways, with a little practice. I would consider myself a clairsentient, but I also give attention to every other department so that I can strengthen those other 'muscles'!
CLAIRVOYANCE ("clear seeing"):
- You are able to visually see angels.
- People often think this means literally seeing life-sized angels in front of you, but more often its about seeing them in your mind's eye (like when you visualize something), or while you are in the dream state.
- It is possible to see them in form, yes, but it's more likely to see them as; a flash of color, in a cloud formation, a symbol or a sign like a butterfly, or a story that plays out in your mind's eye.
- If this sounds like you, you are also a very visual person who likes to express yourself creatively.
CLAIRSENTIENCE ("clear feeling"):
- You feel their presence.
- You get information in the form of a gut instinct, tingling sensation, or a hunch to help point you in the right direction.
- Your sensations also carry with them messages. So it's almost like information just comes to you. You may relate it to having a kind of 'epiphany'.
- If this is you, you are also likely to be very sensitive to other people's energy.
CLAIRCOGNIZANCE ("clear knowing"):
- You know things without knowing them.
- You can often come up with facts and data about things you don't actually know. It's like you can download information instantaneously, without googling it!
- If this is you, you are quite intellectual and analytical.
CLAIRAUDIENCE ("clear hearing"):
- You hear a voice in your head, or just outside your ear (so no, you're not going crazy if that happens to you!).
- You may hear a high-pitched tone, or overhear a conversation that speaks to you, or the perfect song that comes on the radio at just the right time you need to hear it.
- If this is you, you are very sensitive to sounds.
HOW TO RECEIVE ANGELIC HELP:
We've covered the law of free will earlier in this guide, so you already know that you have to call on them for help. However, this is only the first step. In order to actually receive their help, there's a few more things you'll need to know:
1. GIVE THEM YOUR PROBLEM - Imagine handing your problem over to them. Doreen Virtue uses a great analogy that goes along the lines of writing a letter but never putting it into the mailbox. The angels can't take your burden away from you if you don't deliver the message!
Some ways to do this:
- Visualize your problem encased in a bubble. Whether it's a picture, a word, or an emotion. Watch it float from your hand into the air, and know that they gladly receive your problem because now they can replace it with something better.
- Literally write a letter to the angels, describing your problem. Then burn it!
- Take a leaf and imagine placing all of your worries on the leaf. Then take it to the river and send it on its way!
2. GET OUT OF THE WAY
When people complain or feel discouraged that they're not getting any answers from the angels, it's usually because they're not actually willing to give up control of the situation that's bothering them. This, again, is a lot like writing a letter but never putting it into the mailbox.
When you've decided the outcome needs to look a certain way - you're not really giving it up to the angels. You're trying to control it instead!
And control is fear, which blocks you from receiving an answer that may come in a form or a message much different than the one you think you want.
3. KEEP THE FAITH AND GIVE IT SOME TIME
Patience really is a virtue! Sometimes you may receive an answer instantly, and sometimes you won't.
The thing is, there may be a few things the angels need to deal with 'behind the scenes' before they can deliver the message, or there may be something they are still waiting for you to do, so don't be discouraged if an answer is taking longer than you want it to!
4. LISTEN FOR GUIDANCE/NEXT STEPS
The angels will always answer your call, as long as your intentions are of a good, loving nature.
It's best to clear your mind of doubt, worry, and any other fear based emotions - as these lower vibrations act as dark clouds that block you from letting in the light (angelic messages) - meaning communication with the angels is a two-way street.
In other words, you have to meet them half way!
Here are a few things you can do to more easily receive their messages:
- MEDITATE - quiet your mind and be attentive. If you are new to meditation, please grab my free resource: The Beginners Guide To Meditation.
- IN YOUR DREAMS - invite them into your sleep before you go to bed each night, and ask for clear messages pertaining to your situation. They will likely come into your dreams right before you wake-up, so it's good to keep a dream journal and write down what you remember as soon as you wake up.
- ADJUST YOUR DIET - organic, natural foods are of a high frequency, which will increase your ability to receive their messages. In addition, limit (or quit) your intake of caffeine, sugar, alcohol, and other crappy substances that lower your vibration!
AND THERE YOU HAVE IT!
To bring it all together, the important thing to remember is that the angels have your back!
It doesn't matter what religion you are because the angels are non-denominational, meaning they work for everyone regardless of; race, gender, religion, and all that other ridiculous human stuff.
Angels are non-judgmental because they don't have an ego, so they can only have love for you. In addition, they always see you living at your highest potential - regardless of what you may have done in the past.
They are here for us 24/7, and they are so excited to be of service. The only thing they ask for in return is if you give them a loving 'thank-you' from your heart.
And an even better 'thanks' is when they see that your spirit is uplifted.
Because you'll feel more compassion, forgiveness, and love in your heart - which means you'll extend that love to others.
Love really is how to change the world, and the angels will always help you to come to a better, more loving perspective - even in the midst of drama and chaos.
So always remember to call on them!
WANT MORE INFO ON WORKING WITH ANGELS? CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUT MY WEBSITE, AND SIGN UP FOR MY MONTHLY VIDEO ANGEL MESSAGES. IT'S FREE!
©2012 Tiffany Manchester | A Division of © 2013 FollowTheFeelgood® LLC | All Rights Reserved |